A big SHOUT OUT to Alexis Hall for putting together this infographic for me. You can find more information on her single parent blog here.
This article outlines some of the more important details when moving with children. Moving is a hectic routine and one of the most stressful activities any family will face. This simple 10 step instructional will speed up the process and make it more smooth for those single parents moving with children.
Moving with children can be a wildcard and uncertainty is the only for sure thing during the move. In order to juggle all that life is throwing at you, it is important to have a plan and stick to it!
1. Pack their room last and unpack it first
2. Stick to meal and bedtime routines throughout the move
3. Hire movers – you will thank yourself
4. Include your children in some decisions – decorations, new plates, which park to visit first
5. Find child and pet care for moving day
6. Involve your children in unpacking
7. Prepare them mentally but expect anxiety – adjusting can take up to 6 months.
8. Get them pumped about their new school
9. Help them create a memory book of the old house, neighborhood, and friends
10. Remember to practice good self-care so that you’re on top of your game for your children.
Are you considering selling real estate in Reno NV? If so, we’d love the opportunity to interview and explain why we can give your luxury home maximum exposure and get it sold! Our marketing plan is second to none and we’d love to prove why we are top real estate agents in Reno, NV!
About the authors: The above article “Moving With Children” was provided by Alexis Hall of the single parent info With over 15 years combined experience, if you’re thinking of selling or buying, we’d love to share our knowledge and expertise.
We service the following Northern Nevada areas: Reno, Sparks, Spanish Springs, Virginia City, Washoe Valley, Lake Tahoe, Incline Village, Carson City, Dayton, Fernley, Minden, and other surrounding areas.